By popular demand, We will explain how Remove very easily read-only password PowerPoint files with extension .pptx without installing any software and without risking with sites that promise to do it for free online.
If you want to find out how to remove the password that locks cells in Excel, Instead, read our article: How To Remove Password Excel spreadsheets blocked: leadership
You will be successful to have password protected from editing a PowerPoint pptx and be forgotten password no ...? Or do you need to slightly modify a PowerPoint presentation that sent you a colleague but you have noticed too late that is password protected.
No problem: in a few easy steps will explain how to remove the password of PowerPoint that locks them in read-only. (Valid for pptx format files.)
Remove password PowerPoint pptx: detailed instructionsIf you doing very well with your computer and you don't need step-by-step instructions we recommend you scroll down the article until you find “Remove password PowerPoint pptx: Quick instructions”.
- If you don't see the file extensions (in the file name you want pptx extension.) set the folder to see: from the menu “organizes” the folder you choose “folder and search options” / Display tab / Scroll down and uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types” and press OK. Now your PowerPoint file extension pptx. password protected will be visible.
- Press the right mouse button on the PowerPoint file from which you want to remove the password and choose “Rename”
- You can keep the same filename but the extension should become “.zip”
- Open the ZIP file using WinRar, WinZip or 7Zip (If you don't have them, Download, are free) right clicking on it and selecting “Open with…” and choosing WinRar, WinZip or 7Zip
- You will find within a file structure like this:
- Enter the folder “PPT”, Scroll down until you find the file “presentation.xml”
- Rename the file in “presentation.txt” and let us double click so that open with Notepad
- From the menu “Edit” choose Notepad “Find” and try: “<p:modifyVerifier “
- The string will be found towards the end of the file
- Now comes the part to do with attention: You'll have to remove the string that begins with “<p:modifyVerifier ” up to “/>” including
- To be clear, in our case we will delete whole string you see highlighted(Click on the image to enlarge it):
- Save and close Notepad. You will be asked if you want to update the archive and choose “Yes”
- Rename the file again “presentation.txt” in “presentation.xml” and close the archive (close WinRar/WinZip/7Zip)
- Rename file extension back that we had originally turned into .zip, pptx in again.
Your presentation now will no longer be protected by password!
Remove password PowerPoint pptx: Quick instructions
Pptx files are compressed archives.. It will simply change a file inside the archive to remove the protection. Follow these quick step:
- Rename the presentation. pptx password protected “.zip”
- Open the zip archive with WinRar or 7Zip (These two software allow you to modify the files in the archive without extracting them beforehand)
- inside the folder “PPT” you will find the file “presentation.xml”
- Edit the file “presentation.xml” and remove completely xml “<p:modifyVerifier”
- saved and restored the original extension pptx file.
PowerPoint pptx file password is now removed.!